Monday, April 25, 2011

Rock What You Got

I am starting a revolution in my closet 
{you should totally join!}
I am calling it- Rock What You Got

I recently did the 30/30 Challenge {check mine out here} created by Kendi
The 30/30 is exactly like a crash diet for shopping.
Rock What You Got is a life improvement plan.
I realized after a recent shopping spree
That I can't physically do this anymore. 
MY CLOSET IS JAM PACKED!! 
Seriously. Not. A. Damn. Thing. Can. Fit. Anymore. 
& I don't need a damn thing
I don't even remember that I own half of the things I do. & I am tired of feeling like I waste my money & never wear anything I own

So here is my plan: 
I have set my limit to $150 a month 
{this does not include gifts/gas} 
but includes everything else. 

I will be keeping track of my spending in the side bar.
Any left over money {if there is any} will be rolled over to the next month. 

So say I want this bag:
from Tory Burch {which I totally do- along with a million other things...} 
It is $315-- that means I would have to save for a little over 2 months to afford it on 

Feel free to grab a button & join in. 
Set your own budget & lets actually wear the things we own for a change instead of always wanting "more" "new" things.

Who is with me?

P.S. enter my Give-A-Way if you wanna

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm already on a budget, poor student I am, and I'm going to be trying very very hard to stick to it... don't know how successful I will be though! x

Emma Z said...

I will feel the struggle soon! Maybe it took me longer than it should have to start a budget haha

<3

Unknown said...

WOW, what a great idea, you go girl1 XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

two birds said...

what a great idea! i'm thinking about it...

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

Stay strong with the budgeting! It'll really help you assess what you REALLY want and only kinda want.

I can't be as disciplined as you in the budget area but I am starting slow in my own way - come May I will be starting a spending journal as way to hopefully help me save and be a better spender.

Good luck!

Emma Z said...

I know, I need all the luck I can get. But it is time to make a change!

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

Sounds so good but I leave on holidays next week and I know I am going to shop till I drop.

Emma Z said...

I know I had to wait to do by 30/30 until after my trip haha

thank for all your support everyone! =)

Unknown said...

Good for you!
I've been digging through my closet finding things I haven't worn in years rather than going shopping.

♥ Gina Michele
CrochetClouds

styled by 3 said...

i love this plan!! this is almost exactly what i did when i lived in new york cause its SO expensive to live in new york - i'm all about budgets... i'm excited to see how you do it...

*liz

Rosie Savage said...

I'm totally up for budgeting now - I still feel like I don't have a decent wardrobe but I have been spending way too much lately,

Rosie x

Carrie said...

What a great idea!!! Love your blog! Am following for sure!
XO Carrie
www.carriefabulous.com

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

I definitely agree with you. I've been living out of a suitcase for over a year, but I recently realized that it has turned into 2.5 suitcases. I sent some stuff home with my dad, but felt terrible making him haul 20kg of my crap around! Lots of luck with your budget!

the nyanzi report said...

good stuff.

Emma Z said...

thank you all for your support!